Jobsite radios are a must-have for construction teams to stay tuned to important updates and listen to their favorite music, podcasts, and other audio content. They are available as both battery-powered and corded units, allowing you to use them based on your location, ease of access, and continuous usage needs. So far, we have discussed various cordless versions, and in this article, we will share a list of popular corded jobsite radios with features that make them suitable for construction jobsites.
Best Corded Jobsite Radios
The DEWALT Jobsite Radio (DCR028B) can work using both DEWALT batteries and a power cord. It is a popular buy for its sound quality, reception, and Bluetooth connectivity, making it one of the most effective cordless and corded jobsite radios out there.
- It comes with a detachable 120V AC power cord for continuous streaming – so you do not have to worry about recharging batteries.
- Safety ergonomics feature impact resistance and a heavy-duty roll cage for maximum durability.
- The top handle includes an antenna slot for neat storage.
- You can use 6 AM/FM presets for your choice of radio stations.
- Dual 3.5-inch woofers and 1-inch tweeters are included for stereo.
- A bass reflex port is also included.
- The radio’s Bluetooth connectivity extends to 100 feet, which is ideal for most construction jobsites.
- A USB port and a 3.5mm auxiliary port are available to support device charging and connection – so you can always keep your smartphone charged and ready to go.
Ridgid R84087 also offers both cordless and corded capabilities. It has been positively reviewed for its sound quality, battery life, and value for money – so it is undoubtedly one of the best, long-lasting jobsite radios.
- The AC cord is included for supporting continuous streaming.
- The radio can connect to the Ridgid app for remote operations from your smartphone. The app is quite responsive and easy to synchronize with the radio – which was another main highlight among customers.
- You can use the AM/FM radio, Bluetooth, AUX, and music streaming options, so different audio contents are available to choose from.
- A clever storage compartment is added to hold your smartphone or other devices for safety.
- The radio also offers USB charging for external devices.
- It comes with a heavy-duty, ergonomic handle that makes it easy to carry this super portable radio.
- The weather-resistant radio also has a durable outer shell that keeps the main unit safe from damage. Also, the speakers have been secured behind a screen so that they do not catch any dirt or debris.
Milwaukee 2792-20 is both a cordless/corded jobsite radio and a charger for all Milwaukee M18 lithium-ion batteries. It has a very jobsite-conscious design that is extremely durable and portable. On the whole, it makes the perfect addition to your existing Milwaukee catalog.
- The radio includes an onboard, weather-sealed compartment for storing small accessories like smartphones.
- You will also receive 16″ auxiliary input cords and AAA batteries.
- You can safely and neatly wrap the given power cord around its storage handles on the radio.
- The radio has premium speakers and a 40-Watt amplifier for maximum sound clarity.
- It also includes a customizable equalizer and 10 radio presets.
- You can use Bluetooth streaming over 100 feet.
- Its built-in charger makes a convenient power source for charging any Milwaukee batteries including the one that powers the radio if you are using the cordless functionality. This is a convenient feature for those who already use Milwaukee power tools, as they can charge them up whenever needed without requiring a direct power outlet.
- The power cord needs to be around 1 or 2 feet longer for easier access. The given length might require an extension cable if you are using this as a corded jobsite radio.
- The volume control is not very smooth and can be too loud or too low just at one increment/decrement.
This is a restored or refurbished jobsite radio unit from Bosch. It is also both cordless and corded depending on the functionality that you want.
- The super protective aluminum and rubber roll cage provides maximum impact resistance and longevity to the main radio unit.
- The overall design is also weather and dust-resistant.
- There is an onboard storage compartment to hold various gadgets.
- It features Bluetooth connectivity at up to 150 feet.
- 360-degree sound is produced by four-way speakers and a subwoofer.
- There are separate bass and treble controls and also preset and customizable equalizers.
- You can connect this jobsite radio to the Bosch PB360C App for remote operability.
- You can also customize 20 FM and 10 AM presets.
- A USB charging port is available to help you charge your smartphones or other devices.
This is a compact corded jobsite radio by Bosch. It is one of the most portable, lightweight, and handheld options for those who prefer smaller radio footprints but do not want a compromised sound reception or speaker quality.
- Despite its small size, this jobsite radio comes with advanced strength and shock-absorbing handles.
- The unit includes integrated AC cord storage as well.
- It offers bass and treble equalizers.
- The backlit display is convenient and easy to read.
- If you want to switch to the cordless functionality, you can use any Bosch 12V battery as the radio is compatible with all Bosch batteries.
- It is equipped with Neodymium speakers for ideal sound clarity.
- There is an auxiliary outlet to help you connect external media devices.
- Powerful AM/FM reception makes this a truly power-packed jobsite radio considering its small size.
Milwaukee M18 PACKOUT 2950-20 is your ultimate jobsite radio that is built to last any construction environment. From its design to functionality, this cordless and corded jobsite radio makes a worthwhile addition to your Milwaukee family of tools and devices.
- The radio’s stackable and accessible design comes with a built-in M18 charger.
- It has a 10-speaker sound system that produces 360-degree sound – ideal for outdoor jobsites.
- In addition, there is a subwoofer, four tweeters, and four full-range speakers.
- You can use the Bluetooth feature at up to 100 feet.
- The radio also includes aux input and 18 presets for AM/FM radio.
- It features a built-in equalizer and adjustable bass and treble.
- The weather/debris/impact-resistant unit has a protective, sealed compartment for onboard storage.
- There is also a clever onboard bottle opener tool.
Tyler TWS407 is one of the best cost-effective options for corded jobsite radios, packed with all the key features in its simple design. We also like its hassle-free user interface and portability, and it makes an ideal choice for those who want a reliable jobsite radio minus the roll cages or heavy all-in-one designs.
- The radio unit is equipped with weather-resistant protection for safe and carefree outdoor uses.
- Its speaker has a flexible hard PVC for maximum exterior protection.
- The speaker also produces high-quality sound and extended bass.
- You can use its 100-feet Bluetooth functionality apart from the USB, aux-in, and FM radio features.
- There is also a sealed storage compartment to accommodate smartphones and other gadgets.
- You can operate this radio using both batteries and a power cord.
- This job site radio also doubles as a charger for your smartphones.
Festool 200184 BR10 SysRock jobsite radio is another compact unit with a small footprint. Despite its compact size, the radio produces incredibly loud sound, which is ideal for various noisy construction jobsites.
- You can access FM radio, aux-in, and Bluetooth audio on this unit.
- It works both as a cordless and corded jobsite radio.
- The unit features a Dynamic Sound Processor (DSP) for automatic and distortion-free sound adjustment.
- We also like the built-in microphone that helps you make hands-free calls, which is quite convenient for a construction worker.
- The durable plastic housing that covers this radio keeps it safe from the elements and other external damages.
- It also includes a water-tight 2.5-inch neodymium speaker.
- You can attach this jobsite radio conveniently using its flexible internal mount.
When choosing a suitable corded jobsite radio for your construction environment, make sure that the included cord is long enough for easy access and connection – otherwise, you will need an extension cord to reach the socket. The main benefit of corded jobsite radios is that they offer continuous streaming, so you do not need to worry about drained batteries and frequent recharging.
Still, most corded units come with the option of switching to batteries for cordless convenience, which is handy in case your jobsite is further away from a power outlet. Lastly, keep an eye out for ergonomics and features like cord storage, device charging, portability, roll cage protection, and weather resistance, as these features will help you use the same radio for a long time without needing replacements down the road.